Chair of Governors - Sally Winstanley - swinstanley@pott shrigley.cheshire.sch.uk
The Governing Body works in partnership with the Headteacher and staff to ensure that the delivery of the curriculum, the use of public resources and the effectiveness of teaching and learning are of the highest possible standard.
The Governors of Pott Shrigley School are responsible for the strategic leadership of the school but are not involved in its day-to-day operation.
The Governing Body:
- agrees the school budget, prioritises spending and approves staffing levels;
- monitors the standards of achievement;
- ensures delivery of the curriculum;
- provides a parental voice;
- oversees the maintenance of the school premises;
- formulates school policies;
- appoints the Headteacher and supports in the appointment of other staff;
- acts as the school's 'critical friend', providing both support and challenge.
All Governors are volunteers and there is no payment for the role.